Sep 21 – 23, 2012
- I start with the assumption that everyone is attending camp. If there is a good reason you are not coming, tell me well before the camp. I do not want last minute cancellations.
- We will be meeting at 5:30pm at Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak (283A Queen’s Quay West, at the the foot of Rees Street where we went for the Harbour Police visit in the spring). We will leave from there at 6pm via Voyageur canoe.
- We will return to the Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak at about 2:30pm on Sunday
- We will camp on Snake Island in the Toronto Harbour
- We will be going regardless of the weather. Make sure you are dressed for it.
- Wear a scout t-shirt and your scarf on Friday, pack your uniform shirt and sash.
- The cost of the camp is $45 per person. If cost is a problem, please speak to Beth Baskin, our group commissioner.
Dress for the weather. Although we are technically in Toronto, we will be outside all weekend, cooking, canoeing and sailing. Make sure you are dressed to be outside. Keeping your feet warm and dry (wool socks are good) is critical to keeping warm. A hat is also very important in maintaining body temperature. Avoid jeans and other cotton clothes if you can. When cotton gets wet, it stays wet and cools your body very quickly. Wool or synthetics (fleece, polyester, etc.) are best.
Eat before you come or bring a bag supper to eat between 5:30 and 6pm.
Take the kit list seriously. Things are on this list for a reason. If there is a problem, talk to a Scouter immediately. Turning up the Friday of camp without some item and telling us then will not make us happy.
Scouter Keith 416-363-7923
Scouter Ihab 647-963-3001